It all depends on when 1.1 is expected to become final. And how long/much
effort it takes to craft a 1.0.3.

I would download and try 1.0.3 instantly, and crafting my builds
accordingly, as it would make transitioning to 1.1 easier.

I'm +1, but only if it doesn't take (too much) time off of 1.1

Martijn