Raphaël Piéroni wrote:
> - allow the adding of resource post compilation (to have the wsdl in the
> jar)

You can do that by directly copying to target/classes in
process-classes. What you are doing is really processing classes as much
as generating resources. The only limitation is you can't filter them or
do other resourcy things. Is that a need you have?

> - move the generate-resources phase after compilation (as it is not
> needed to compile, the only constraint is to have the resource well
> placed before testing)

I think last time we considered this, there was a reason not to in
general, and besides - backwards compatibility rules it out.

> - create a new packaging (say axis-api) for axistools which binds the
> generate-resource phase between compilation and test

This won't work, as a packaging can't define a new lifecycle ordering.

Please refer to the other mail, and lets see if we can get this use case
working under the 3 points I listed.

> Maybe a way to get rid of the phases proliferation is to make
> proliferate the packagings.
> Therefore, the complexity of the phases are hidden in the
> plugins-packaging and not shown in the pom which add the confusion to
> the users.
>
> Is that makes sense ?

Yes, I thought that was the whole point of it right now. Doesn't the
axis tools bind everything for you?

- Brett