On 4/12/06, Carlos Sanchez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Jerome, the way to go with bugs is first create a test case that
> exploits the bug, so test fails, and then fix it. When i don't see a
> test case patch I cannot be sure that the patch is really fixing that
> problem, and that it won't happen again.
>
> If you follow this guidelines I'm pretty sure that anyone will feel
> very comfortable applying the patches.

I've followed this guideline already for MJAR-32:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAR-32#action_63457

As for MJAR-27

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJAR-27#action_63461

and MJAR-31:

There's no patch to apply so far. So no test case.

There were 2 potential NPE reported in that issue. One was already
fixed as a side effect to another bug fix. The other one, I want to be
able to understand how it can happen (e.g. if the NPE is just caused
by a user configuration/usage error, I won't push the proposed patch),
so I need to understand why project.getArtifact() can return null. Can
someone tell me when this can happen?

Cheers,

Jerome