On 6 Dec 06, at 3:02 PM 6 Dec 06, Carl Trieloff wrote:

John Casey wrote:

Let's start with: What are the requirements?

Regards,

John

yes that is good - I would not see the patches set as something to commit as is but a prototype to see if it could be done. we now think it can - and would do it in a way that works for maven.

The key parts are:

-  boot strap via build from source

Not by default, this is Java and we are happy to use binary JARs. If you want to attempt to do this knock yourself. I don't see any benefit in complicating our bootstrap to accommodate this.

-  OS boot strap-able, with no network, this is more than just mvn -o
-  meet fedora package guidelines

Can break those our one by one, unless Deepak or Rafi fill them first.

I just don't see the value in this for Maven users. Carl what value do you see as a real benefit to Maven users who work on Redhat?

Jason.

Carl.