On 18 Dec 06, at 10:19 PM 18 Dec 06, John Tolentino wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Been working on a tool to generate reports for release candidates and
this is a mock of what it should look like:
http://people.apache.org/~jtolentino/release-reports/MockReport.html

We can send this generated page to the dev list when we call for a release.

I appreciate any feedback so I can improve the reporting (and before I
go further into implementation).

I would link the "Issues Resolved for This Release" to the roadmap in the issue tracking system.

I would also link each of the resolved issues to the issue tracking system so you can navigate from the report to the exact issue.

Maybe some SCM information, what system is being used and the "label" instead of revision which is SVN specific and a link, if possible, to that revision in the SCM. For SVN and CVS this is easy with ViewCVS.

That's all I can see at first glance. Though I think that getting everything easy to see in one page is a good goal. We can link to things like the docck report and the expanded view of deliverables. Get it all on one page and link. If the results are OK then people most likely won't look at them, but they can if they want. One clear page of the state of the release would be nice.

Jason.

Thanks,
John