Jason van Zyl wrote on Friday, March 16, 2007 1:33 AM:

> Hi,
>
> After working with it a little this week I would like to propose to
> make MNG-1577 behavior introduced the default. Builds are completely
> and totally unpredictable without this behavior. The behavior in
> 2.0.5 is fundamentally broken. To are totally prey to any dependency
> introduced by a dependency which makes no sense and completely
> counter intuitive. I stabilized a massive build this week simply by
> using the behavior present in the 2.0.x branch. I don't think we're
> doing anyone any favors leaving the old behavior in. After
> watching a
> disaster be recovered by using this new behavior I feel that the
> patch should go in as is and become the default behavior. This puts
> the user in control which is the way it should be.
>
> I propose we make this the default behavior. Can anyone think of a
> case where this degree of control would break an existing build?
>
> This patch saved my bacon this week, I think this behavior makes a
> world of difference to users.

Since I am the original reporter of MNG-1577 (for M2.0.2 at that time) a very
big +1. It is as Kenny said, we have a lot workarounds for it and the current
behaviour casues us *a lot* of maintenance regarding our POMs. And it is quite
tedious.

- Jörg

BTW: A very big thank you to all people working on this, especially Ralph,
Jason, Patrick and Mike.