Brian E. Fox wrote:

> Everyone keeps referring to bundles that "are known to work together."
> Come someone produce an example of plugins that are incompatible with
> each other? I haven't seen this and I'm not even sure it's possible
> given that plugins can't communicate or even know about each other.

Can't you have a plug-in that generates some file to be consumed by another
plugin? It may not be the most orthodox usage but definitely a possibility.
Just because you do not have one now, it does not mean it cannot happen. The
plug-in may not talk to each other but they may use different versions of
the same library that cause some havoc when used together, because they are
incompatible.

I see it more about having certifications and provide users with stuff that
we all know work well together.
For example, if I try using the ant-run-plugin on 2.0.5 I need to use
ant-1.6.5 even though ant-1.7.0 is out. And this means you are limited to
the ant-ssh library version you can use, and the jsch version you can use
and so on.
It took me I do not how long until I could get all those version in a way
that I think they work correctly.

Well actually it does not work correctly, but that is an issue for a
different thread.

Jose Alberto