Brian E. Fox wrote:
I haven't used the enforcer myself yet. How would "turn on the enforcer

rule" look inside a pom?

See here for an example. Note that multiple rules can be configured at
once. (also this rule is in the current snapshot rev)
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-enforcer-plugin/rules/requirePlugi
nVersions.html

If this pom section is simple enough, I think people who care about reproducibility will use it. Would it be possible to combine this with
warning?

Yes it is because all the rules take a message parameter where you can
put any message you deem useful. It will use this message and append to
it any specific warnings generated by the rule.

The rules can also be set as warnings not hard failures.

So, we could put the enforcer configuration, found on the link you provided, in the super pom and tell it to warn but not fail. That would be the default configuration. If someone wanted hard failures they would simply override the "hardFailure" configuration option in their corporate parent pom.

--Brian

--
Dennis Lundberg