As discussed in the other thread I'd like B as the default behavior, which is good for beginners and smaller/non-critical projects. If they don't specify versions they should however be nagged by a warning that it is bad practice.

This combined with an easy way to turn on the enforcer (or something like it) to get A. This would satisfy everyone who cares about build reproducibility.

Brett Porter wrote:
I'd like to hear from as many people as possible their opinion this topic (even if you just want to say '0' so we know where you stand).

[ ] (A) All plugin versions must be specified by the project or its parent hierarchy somewhere, at the cost of some verbosity (though we should look at ways to make this easier/smaller/etc per the current discussion) [ ] (B) Retain the current behaviour, but make using the enforcer a best practice to do the above, or some other control mechanism such as having the repository manager handle the available plugins
[ ] (C) No opinion
[ ] (D) Undecided
[ ] (E) Other (please specify)

Thanks,