both of them.
If you specify your workspace location, the plugin will try to auto-detect
your features plugins and if it find contributors compatible with them it
will generate appropriate settings.
If not, you'll have to specify them (like is actually with properties like
wtpversion or custom goals like rad6, myeclipse, ...)

Arnaud