So, where are we collecting all of this information? I'm digging up some of the proposals that I wrote up in the past couple years, some of which I've already implemented on trunk (and IIRC all of which have been floated on this list).

A lot of these things already exist, they just need to be collected for posterity, then we need to find a way that they will be able to survive the next convulsion of reorganization.

Starting with:

http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Deterministic+Lifecycle+Planning

-john