If I understand the web page correctly, if Mercury sees a dependency of 1.23,
it will interpret that to mean "any version 1.23 or or greater".  What I'm
unable to discern from the links below is which version will actually be chosen
when the versions available are, say, 1.23 and 1.24.  Is there a place which
details the resolution strategy being planned?

  - Ian

On Wed, 2008-12-03 at 21:43 -0700, Oleg Gusakov wrote:

Dear All,

Jason van Zyl wrote:
> We cannot change the behavior, or really even attempt to fiddle with
> the code in 2.0.x. We are also planning on entirely replacing this
> code with Mercury in the 3.x line. Apache SVN is down so I'll point
> you to Mercury when it comes back. Oleg is the one who has implemented
> Mercury so he can also point you in the right direction.

I tried to comply with OSGi versions spec, Mercury approach is
documented here:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Mercury+Version+Ranges

Implementation is here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/mercury/trunk/mercury-artifact/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/mercury/artifact/version/MavenVersionRange.java