On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 10:18 PM, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 26/05/2009, at 11:11 PM, Brian Fox wrote:
>
>  We're fixing the directoryscanner to allow regular expressions in addition
>> to the ant syntax.
>>

> Cool, but that's another release in the chain, right?

It's already to go, John is staging it now.

>  Then we can do (?!.*/src/.*).*/target/.*
>>

> Ew :)
>
> What if the build directory isn't target? (unlikely, I know).
> What if there are both src and target packages in a source tree? (not
> unthinkable)
> What if it's a pom project with no src directory and still generates a
> target?
>
> Seems a little magic to me.

My main goal is to get something working for Maven projects now, which all
use target. A more elaborate solution will require a longer cycle and this
is already long enough. Apache projects that also use target (don't they
all?) will also be able to use this --- after all, this descriptor is
specific to us, i'm not trying to solve the world's problems here, just
ours.