On 08/09/2009, at 8:06 AM, Jason Chaffee wrote:

I understand that you probably don't want to commit to a date or cause
undue expectations from anyone on this list, so let me ask it in a
slight differently way.

Do you think it "might" be possible that we see a beta 3.x in 2009?

One reason I ask is because I would like to schedule some time in late
2009 for 3.x investigation , but if you know that it will not be
available by the end of 2009 then there is no reason to get into our
schedule.

My understanding is that the documents now going into the wiki will this time get locked down sometime soon, a goal will be set that all the developers agree to, and the beta will be ready when the list of things to do reaches zero. After 3 years of moving targets, it's certainly time. That's maybe not a date, but it should be enough for you to gauge whether it's happening or not.

Jason (van Zyl), is that the plan?

I'm wondering if we should call this the Snow Maven release given the goals seem similar to something else... :)

- Brett