Now that we have maven-toolchains-plugin released, what is blocking
rolling a release of maven-compiler-plugin?

Toolchains support has been integrated since r649442. All the
integration tests (3 of them) are passing. I am not seeing any issues
in JIRA which are regressions (i.e. releasing now would probably not
make things worse)

There are currently 3 critical issues in JIRA:

MCOMPILER-98 is an issue for plexus-compiler
MCOMPILER-64 is just a higher memory requirement for large compiles with jdk6u4+
MCOMPILER-43 looks to be a plexus-compiler-eclipse issue

If all that is somebody to play release manager I'll go running again.
 If getting a release requires applying patches or fixing issues I do
not have the cycles at the moment

-Stephen