Jason van Zyl wrote:

Yes, about 5 people will do that. No one tries anything until we release it the vast majority of the time, unfortunately. We just have to be proactive about it. If we tried new plugins on the grid we'll likely find most of the problems.

Thanks,

Jason

An external look at the problem:

As a manager of B$R team I can attest to this: we'll *never* pick up anything but a release. And - given our own schedules - any SW team has a limited capacity to try out new things. Release Candidates will be tested if they address particular issues. Releases will be accepted - presuming they work on the first try. If they break - we revert back to the last known working release and wait for the new one.

On my own I an trying snapshots - but it's only on weekends, if snapshot does not work on Saturday, I can try to diagnose/fix it. If I cannot find a solution by Sunday night, I usually abandon it :(

I think the above is more or less what happens in the "real world"