additionally, you can solicit the maven user list to turn on their
build to pick up the maven-compile-plugin and maven-surefire-plugin
snapshots to get feedback early. Then stage them.

I will be happy to do that.

-Dan

Btw, I have been using an internal cut of post surefire 2.4.3 for
quite sometime now.