2010/1/9 Peter Lynch <pe...@peterlynch.ca>:
> On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 7:36 AM, Stephen Connolly <
> stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2010/1/9 Benjamin Bentmann <benjamin.bentm...@udo.edu>:
>> > Hi,

>> >  double-check that the behavior observed in Maven 2 is by
>> design/intention
>> > and needs to be reproduced by Maven 3. It looks odd to me that the
>> effective
>> > POM is a function of the plugin being invoked on CLI.
>>
>> I agree that it looks odd.
>>
>> IMHO, the effective pom should be invariant.
>>

> It is far from invariant. I noticed in the debugger that the project model
> contained 4 plugins ( clean,site, install, deploy if i recall), none being
> the one explicitly called in Maven 3. In Maven 2, the only plugin in the
> model was the one being called. After that I thought I'd better share my
> findings...

I would expect to see the plugins from the default lifecycle bindings,
which for a pom project should be clean, site, install and deploy
IIRC. I would not expect to see the plugin executed on the command
line.

I would expect to see the plugin executed from the command line to
have been configured according to the def from pluginMgmt, but I would
not expect to see it in the project model (i.e. in
/project/build/plugins/plugin) unless it is explicitly listed in the
pom.

IMHO the Maven 2 behaviour is the bug and Maven 3 fixes it.

-Stephen

P.S> we still await Jason to weigh in on this one though! ;-)