On 11/06/2010, Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a memoizer
>  (http://www.javaconcurrencyinpractice.com/listings/Memoizer.java) that
>  I'd like to include "somewhere" in our code base. It's like 30 lines of
>  code or so.
>
>  Ï've seen this snippet of code (or extremely minor permutations of it)
>  appear a number of places, under various lisence headers, for instance:
>

> http://www.koders.com/java/fid960BDFDD3A35D42E6652E79BA3F959A375024F0B.aspx?s=mdef%3Acompute
>

>  What's the appropriate thing to do IP-wise wrt including such a piece of
>  code ? The specific implementation I've linked to appears on page 108 of
>  the "Java Concurrency in practice" book.

If you want to include this in ASF code, then IMO this question should
be asked on the ASF legal-discuss list.

Note: the covering description page [1] for the code says

<quote>
 Written by Brian Goetz and Tim Peierls with assistance from members of
    JCP JSR-166 Expert Group and released to the public domain, as explained at
    http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain
</quote>

>  This is a *real hard* piece of code to get right, so I'm not about to
>  write my own.

+1 to that!

[1] http://www.javaconcurrencyinpractice.com/listings.html