On Sep 15, 2010, at 8:55 AM, Benjamin Bentmann wrote:

> Benjamin Bentmann wrote:
>
>> I have no solution right now and need to think about this some more.
>
> The approach that I could think of to sufficiently address this issue
> requires quite some rework of the settings.xml or better a different file in
> order to not break side-by-side use of Maven 2.x and 3.x. Given that we want
> to release 3.0 soon, I will probably just rollback the changes for MNG-3092
> and restore 2.x behavior, i.e. always include snapshots in ranges, and
> postpone a more robust solution to 3.1.

+1

This is just more consistent with 3.0 being backward compatible, and making the
whole scenario of SNAPSHOTs for CI and integration and blocking them from
releases will take some more thinking. Only one person has complained but I
posit 95% of Maven users aren't going to try Maven 3.x until 3.0 is released.