From: Stephen Connolly [mailto:stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2010 5:34 PM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0-RC3

Updating the main page would require a formal vote on the dev list...

IANAL but AFAIK these are not formal releases, but weakly release candidates
and are not officially released by the apache foundation (because an
official release would require a vote and only official releases can be
linked from the home page)

Now just because they are not for4mal releases does not mean that they are
not good enough to try out, as the build process only difference is a 72h
voting period with testing by the maven developers, but we've found most
everything we can and we are now looking for wider feedback... when we
exhaust this pool of testers we'll fall back to voted releases I guess ;-)

-Stephen