Well, I agree that it's basically not a maven specific issue, but the thing
is the build is going completely fine with 2.2.1, but not with 3.0rc3, so
I'm trying to understand where the difference lies.

And for the record, yes, it's a xml parser problem (oracle xmlparserv2 gets
in the way). I just configured exclusions and then it builds fine.

Sure, I could leave this exclusion here and check if it's also ok with mvn2,
but I'm quite reluctant to do that since it might hide a real isolation or
classpath ordering problem imo.

Cheers