Baptiste MATHUS wrote:

I'd like to use dependency:list to check ordering, but I remember (Arnaud's
tweet, I'd say) reading that the dependency plugin output is not reliable
yet with maven3 execution? Is it?

Regardless of the Maven version, dependency:list cannot be used to check class path ordering because it sorts its output alphabetically.

I suggest you enable debug logging and check the class path printed to the console by the plugin in question, i.e. the Surefire Plugin in your case.

In general, you should avoid duplicate classes/dependencies on the class path and not rely on any order to solve conflicts.

Benjamin