Not exactly clean room, but I have a feeling a lot of test cases could be
copied from the given commons-* projects such as:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/commons/proper/io/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/io/FileUtilsTestCase.java?view=markup

This should work for methods with the same signatures.  (it would help with
the coverage anyway)