Sure, understandable, I too followed the link you gave as part of the vote.

> 2: The amount of developer work that goes in is not proportional to the
> number of JIRAs that come out.

I'm not sure I mentioned anything about this.

> 3: The amount of user value that comes out is not proportional to the
> number of JIRAs that go in.

I'm not sure I mentioned anything about this.

> 4: An Apache principle is to encourage people to scratch their itches.

After 6 years at Apache I get that.

> This doesn't work if the change you desperately need gets trapped for
> months waiting for a release. Or, worse, if you get 'held hostage' by demands
> to fix additional problems that you don't have the expertise to tackle a the
> price of a release of what you need to fix.

I don’t get how this is relevant to my voting on the specifics of a few lines of
changed code. I was basing this on the link you gave to the 3 Jira Issues.  We
now know it was 10 issues.

> All in all, it is very handy that Maven has an automated release process that
> takes the RM 5 minutes and some PMC members a few more to validate his
> or her work. This lowers the activation energy.

That’s good, someone else in this thread earlier was making out it’s a really
hard process
and so therefore why would anyone do it for the sake of it. Glad to be corrected
there.

> Is there some particular reason why you've chosen to blow a whistle about
> this particular question?

This was no vendetta, no campaign of sneer, nothing against yourself, I know
what
you do it Apache and where, you work hard, do not take this as anything other
than
querying why would anyone do a release based on 3 issues and a few lines of
code.

It was just that , no more, no less, I do not get all the hostility that has
come from such
a query, than one is entitled to do.

Please, let s drop this, I have now unsubscribed from the list.

Gav...