Hi,

First of all, the good news. We were able to integrate maven successfully to
Gentoo. Now, it was able to do most of the general compiling and building
stuff. We build maven-from-source which involve considerable work to
integrate.

But, there's few glitches. There's an error in some builds which use
maven-remote-resources-plugin. This happened to me when testing the build
wagon-1.0-beta-7 tag, and few other builds. It fails with
ClassNotFoundException for the class
org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.DefaultVelocityComponent which is in the
package plexus-velocity. The stack trace is at http://pastebin.com/p8YUsGw7.
Does maven-2.2.1 need plexus-velocity as a dependency? I haven't noticed. In
fact, plexus-velocity is in the m2 repo, though, apparently it's not used by
the mvn.

I tried adding plexus-velocity as a dependency (to uber jar if you may). We
don't actually use the uber jar, but we put the needs jars to maven lib/
directory, which gets identified by classworlds. It solved the said issue.
But, then it asked for the artifact velocity. See:
http://pastebin.com/r9vsM85k
Oh well, what option I have now. I've included velocity as well to be picked
by classworlds when launching mvn. It brought me here where I got stuck:
http://pastebin.com/WvLSsupa

Any help please? We are much close to the finish-line.

Thanks,
--Kasun

--
Kasun Gajasinghe,