I've noticed a potential problem when using a repository manager. The new wagon
library seems to have introduced a read time out:

Could not transfer artifact [...]: Read timed out -> [Help 1]

This is going to fail the first time you hit an artifact proxied by a
repository manager that takes more than 1 minute to download because there is
no progress on the read. In previous versions, there was only a connection
timeout.

I think that needs to be prevented, at least until the repository managers all
stream proxied artifacts so there is some download progress to report.

Cheers,
Brett

On 06/12/2011, at 1:28 AM, Olivier Lamy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Apache Maven 3.0.4-RC3 has been staged for testing purpose (this is a
> preview of the coming 3.0.4 official release)
>
> The repository is available here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-292
>
> For convenience, binaries have been copied here:
> http://people.apache.org/~olamy/maven/3.0.4-RC3/
>
> This test phase will be for one week (until http://s.apache.org/MVN-3.0.4-RC3
> )
>
> Changes are available here: