I've fixed MCHECKSTYLE-170 and tried to apply some shading.
The separation of api/interfaces versus implementation is not done well in Doxia. This would mean, that the shade-plugin will need a lot of configuration, which also needs to be maintained if there are new Doxia-classes. So for plugins with only reporting-goals the requirement for Maven-2.2.1 seems to be the best solution.

-Robert

On Sat, 14 Jan 2012 00:10:45 +0100, Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org> wrote:

On 2012-01-13 20:43, Robert Scholte wrote:
My guess would be that with relocation it wouldn't matter.[1]
I'd like to confirm this with the maven-checkstyle-plugin project, but
unfortunately a lot of unit-tests are failing on my machine (win7 + jdk6
+ any M2/M3)

I can confirm these test errors and failures on Win 7, Java 5 and Maven
2.2.1/3.0.3.

On Ubuntu with Java 5 and Maven 2.2.1/3.0.3 it works though.

Created an issue in JIRA to track it:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCHECKSTYLE-170

-Robert

[1]