On 16 January 2012 15:45, Stephen Connolly
<stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15 January 2012 11:11, Hervé BOUTEMY <herve.bout...@free.fr> wrote:
>> Le samedi 14 janvier 2012 20:22:15 Stephen Connolly a écrit :
>>> personally i think we need to draw a line in the sand for all plugins...
>>> 2.2.1 is the best line at the moment imho...
>> +1
>>

>>> 2.1.0 and 2.2.0 are not recommended versions, and drawing a line above them
>>> makes our message to users that much cleaner.
>>>
>>> the only other thing we maybe should do is roll a 2.2.2 that doesn't bomb
>>> out if 3.0.3 has pulled snapshot dependencies into the same local repo...
>> is there a Jira issue for this?
>
> Have not seen one specifically, the issue that is the RCA is
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4452
>
> From the latest comment
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4452?focusedCommentId=285802&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-285802
> you can see that 2.2.1 has issues (which I can confirm from my testing
> of versions-maven-plugin in preparation of it's 1.3 release

You can also Google for:

maven-metadata-public-snapshot.xml ': expected START_TAG or END_TAG
not TEXT (position: TEXT seen

That will list all the people complaining.

To see this most easily, find your favorite Maven Plugin, using Maven
3.0.3 run "mvn clean install" on a -SNAPSHOT version
using Maven 2.2.1 run "mvn groupId:artifactId:version-SNAPSHOT:goal"
and watch the blow-up