The Doxia site expert is Vincent Siveton: I hope he can express his opinion

Doxia (base + sitetools + tools) deserves IMHO the dedicated menus from the
actual Doxia site [1] to let people understand: it can/should be improved, but
if we merge the Doxia site with regular Maven site, we loose this dedicated
menu: I don't think this will help.
But you're right with the JIRA report being inappropriate: Doxia site doesn't
cover only Doxia base, which is [2].
I'm sure that this menu could be made more explicit to help people understand
the relation between Doxia site and each 3 components: removing the JIRA
configuration is the first step.

Since infra hasn't problems with having a few number of sub-sites being
treated as dedicated CMS site, I don't see any problem with maintaining Doxia
site.

To sum up:
- +1 to JIRA configuration removel from Doxia site
- -1 to merging into Maven regular site

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://maven.apache.org/doxia/index.html