I think it would be a very pragmatic move to simply leave the
"maven-plugins" project unmigrated
until we have established documentation and tool support to a level
where we're happy with whatever solution we choose.

I think the only really disasterous version we could end up with is
the one which is currently in the maven-plugins asf repo,
where the structure of the repo changes entirely as you checkout a
tag. Other than that I don't /really/ think one-repo-per-plugin,
one big repo or some other subdivision (maven-xAR-plugins comes to
mind) is going to make that much of a difference.

Kristian