Hi,
This idea looks nice :-).
I imagine you will retrieve scm locations of dependencies from their poms.
In such case dependencies can be a mix of scm (git, svn, hg etc..)
So I would prefer we try to do something more generic to provide such
features for all scms we support with maven scm (hey we have a very
generic scm api :-) ).
Maybe it's the case and just the plugin name confuse me :-).

2012/9/13 Kristian Rosenvold <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com>:
> I have just added wiki document to discuss the design of a totally new
> plugin I have dubbed the "git-workspace-plugin".
>
> The idea is to change the way we work with layered multi-module
> projects in git that will make it a whole lot easier for anyone
> wishing to make a change to do so.
>
> The page is at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/git-workspace-plugin
> and I would really appreciate any kind of feedback on this.
>
> Feel free to edit the page, I will also keep it up to date ;)
>
> Kristian

Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com