Hello,

not a Maven-developer, but here are my thoughts: I think Jason's
solution using package.class conventions is more standard. When
someone asks for help, telling them to call (assuming -L would be the
option to set the loggers):

mvn -L org.apache.maven.plugins.release,org.apache.maven.shared.release
release:prepare
is less vodoo then
mvn -L org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin release:prepare.

Every class which uses logging via slf4j could just use the standard
way of defining the logger via LoggerFactory.getLogger(FooMojo.class)
*and* refactoring would be easier. Or did you want to inject the
logger via an annotation during compile instead? +1 for using at least
dots instead of colon because of easier hierarchy parsing :-).

Regards Mirko