Would it be possible to implement something (nasty and rather iki under the covers) along the lines of using say a MavenLoggerFactory.getLogger(Foo.class, ImplementationClass.class, String config).

If this variation is used to get a Logger, use ClassWorlds or something to create a new classloader -excluding- the system SLF4J setup, and using the caller is requesting.

Is something like that possible at all?

Jason van Zyl wrote:
I don't believe it's valid to just let everyone do whatever they want. The only
problem we've seen thus far is a problem where it's clearly a misuse of the
SLF4J API. I still argue that the implementation used by the core can be used
by plugins and letting arbitrary implementations and arbitrary manipulation of
the logging system isn't really that valuable in compared to having a a
consistent pattern that's used by so many others.