On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>wrote:

> If we ever got that far, I would argue pretty strenuously against a
> PMC-level rejection of something just based on being EPL. A class-B
> license is a perfectly legitimate dependency.

As would I. If we were talking about binding our apis against a class-B, I
might feel different, but we aren't. We're talking about using SLF4J as the
api and logback as the implementation. If someone needs to come along and
use a different logger impl, is it that big of a deal?

I'd like to hear from someone who does Linux repackaging of Maven on this
topic...