As far as I can determine, there should never be / should never have
been one of these items pushed to repository.apache.org except after a
full release vote. If a vote wasn't passed, the staging repo should
have been dropped, not released. As far as I am concerned, this whole
set are full, voted, releases that should have originally gone to
/dist (and thence to archive), and the only sorting out is between
dist and archive.

So, as I see it, the Maven PMC has now given infrastructure@ all the
information you need about the disk space demands of this bit of
retroactive release management. With the holiday upcoming, I'll wait
until 28 December for further comments or objections before
proceeding.