On Thursday, 7 February 2013, Nicolas Delsaux wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 9:37 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > As we are now in 2013, it's probably time to think about that (again).
> >
> > Reading [1], even 1.6 won't be anymore updated after feb 2013.
> >
> > Can we say we are safe to go to 1.6 as minimum required ?
> >
> Don't fully understand the question.
> Do you mean .... using 1.6 to compile maven ? or 1.6 to run maven ? or

This vote is for both of the above

> 1.6 as default version for maven-compiler-plugin ?

Well we stated previously that once a version of maven-compiler-plugin
*requires* 1.6 to run (though will keep forking down to compile with older
javac via toolchains support) that we'd change the default target and
source to 1.6, so I suspect that vote would follow soonish after