+1  -  I agree with Chris.

Besides, if something DOES change in the svn/git tag, we  get an email
notification so we can immediately figure out what's going on.   In addition,
if you compare what you are voting on to whatever is the latest version of the
the tag, if there is any difference whatsoever in the code, the reviewer should
immediately figure out why.    I really don't care about the exact revision
number at all.   Whatever is the latest "tag" (head/whatever) is what's
important as that's what will be held there forever once the vote passes.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog