I figured it out.  It appears that in order to get the -Dparam=value to work,
you *must* specify the @Parameter annotation's "property" element.  Is this
expected behavior?

If so, the javadocs at
http://maven.apache.org/plugin-tools/maven-plugin-annotations/apidocs/org/apache/maven/plugins/annotations/Parameter.html
 are a little misleading and/or incomplete.

--

Robert Patrick <HYPERLINK
"mailto:robert.patr...@oracle.com"robert.patr...@oracle.com>

VP, FMW Architects Team: The A-Team

Oracle Corporation                                Office: +1.940.725.0011

1148 Triple Crown Court                                 Fax: +1.940.725.0012

Bartonville, TX 76226, USA                    Mobile: +1.469.556.9450

A-Team Chronicles Blog: http://www.ateam-oracle.com/

HYPERLINK
"http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Oracle-WebLogic-Server-Patrick/dp/0470484306/"Professional
 Oracle WebLogic Server

by Robert Patrick, Gregory Nyberg, and Philip Aston

with Josh Bregman and Paul Done

Book Home Page: HYPERLINK
"http://www.wrox.com/WileyCDA/WroxTitle/Professional-Oracle-WebLogic-Server.productCd-0470484306.html"http://www.wrox.com/

Kindle Version: HYPERLINK