looks like we need to hire you to check our code..(provided you work for free)

package org.apache.maven.plugins.annotations;

import java.lang.annotation.RetentionPolicy;

@Documented
@Retention( RetentionPolicy.CLASS )
@Target( { ElementType.FIELD } )
@Inherited
public @interface Parameter

RetentionPolicy parameters:
CLASS
Annotations are to be recorded in the class file by the compiler
 but need NOT be retained by the VM at run time.

RUNTIME
Annotations are to be recorded in the class file by the compiler and
 RETAINED by the VM at run time, so they may be read reflectively.

SOURCE
Annotations are to be discarded by the compiler.
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5520

thanks Robert!
Martin