On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 10:27 PM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io> wrote:

> On Feb 20, 2014, at 1:07 PM, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl.apa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jason
>>
>> While I'm finally starting to see the potential with a DVCS like git,
>> there are a couple of things that stands in the way of migrating, for
>> example plugins, to git:
>>
>> 1. Judging by our resident git gurus, it will require quite some
>> effort to prepare for and execute the actual migration. Do we have
>> someone with enough knowledge and time to do it?
>>

> I'm willing and I think Kristian would help as well.
>
>> 2. Our own tooling, in particular maven-release-plugin, still isn't
>> good enough for git use. IMO we need to get that fixed and verified on
>> our own releases before we migrate any more components to git.
>>

> I only release core and that works fine which begs the question: do we want
> to normalize our repository structure to simplify the tooling requirements.
> What exactly doesn't work? Trying to release a single thing out of a
> repository containing many things?

See the issues that Robert pointed out. I haven't run into the issues
myself, but I've seen lots of reports and discussions about them.

Let's use our projects that have already moved to git, and make them
work well together with maven-release-plugin and git. When that is
done and working fine, people willing to do the migration of the other
projects can dive in.

--
Dennis Lundberg