On 21 Feb 2014, at 10:27, Jason van Zyl wrote:

I only release core and that works fine which begs the question: do we want to normalize our repository structure to simplify the tooling requirements. What exactly doesn't work? Trying to release a single thing out of a repository containing many things?

A stock m-r-p config will break using the latest releases of git ( due to depending on an old version of the -scm- artefacts ) which I've mentioned before, and I believe there are commits awaiting release to resolve this.

m-r-p also _really_ likes to release from the root directory of a repository, so doing independent releases from sub directories/modules is difficult ( there is a setting which lets this work, but that's just unpleasant ) - but due to git's tagging/branching being repository wide just releasing an individual module really is unpleasant.

Basically, if modules have a constant release cadence/version numbering scheme, they can release together in a single repo, otherwise they should be separate. This however I don't see as a "problem with git tooling in maven" - just good practise.

Mark