We want t

On Mon, Aug 25, 2014 at 10:40 AM, Vinod Kone <vinodk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Bhuvan,
>
> The "ShutdownFramework" ACL is an example of authN/authZ of HTTP endpoint
> ("/shutdown") from a user perspective. Depending on what HTTP endpoints you
> are planning to auth we could conceivably add more ACLs or add a generic
> HTTP endpoint ACL. Of course this still doesn't give you sessions, caching,
> or encryption.

Vinod, we want to authenticate all web requests, all read-only.
Irrespective of the link/tabs we click {/slaves, /frameworks,
/offers}, server always return this json /master/state.json. The
angularjs does the filtering, based on the user action.

Based on what you say, looks like there are more HTTP endpoints (rw)
exposed to slaves and frameworks, like /shutdown. We don't want to
implement auth for these endpoints, atm.

That said, i think, we should authenticate /master/state.json only.
Can I assume, this can be implemented in Master::Http::state method,
using process::http::Request and process::http::Response? Or, does
slave/framework use /master/state.json endpoint? Any changes to this
method will not affect protobuf message exchange between master and
slave/framework, I think. Correct me if i'm wrong.

--
Regards,
Bhuvan Arumugam