Neil, thanks for the comments and the pointer!

Just looked at the curl_multi_xxx() API. Yeah, I think we should be able to
use that API in our async environment.  But we need to hook this with our
underlying libev/libevent based runtime, which might take a while to
finish. I'll create a ticket to track.

In the meantime, I want to unblock people from using some of the new
features built on top of the 'curl' based fetcher. Since this is a pretty
simple dependency to add, I would suggest that we still proceed adding this
dependency.

- Jie