For dev, I would strongly recommend using linux os (e.g., ubuntu14.04,
15.10, centos7.1, etc.). Because features are very limited in os x, most
of features like using containers, cgroup isolation etc. you will need a
linux environment.

PS: using a vagrant box may be convenient to setup env on your os x.

Gilbert