I tried that I am getting a linking error; I guess it just does not like me
or it's not my day.
There's a psychic across the road, I think he may earn some money today.

libtool: link: `slave/libmesos_no_3rdparty_la-validation.lo' is not a valid
libtool object

Anyway, just to give you a bit more context. I was trying kafka framework
on mesos, which
was unable to register itself with mesos, so I tried tcpdump and saw the
request was getting to master
properly but master's log did not show "attempt" to register or anything. I
did try with curl HTTP API and that
works from command line but I think that API is different from what I see
in called by kafka framework.

POST /master/mesos.scheduler.Call HTTP/1.1\r\n
Libprocess-From:
scheduler-8c5bd8cc-1d7b-4c2c-9de3-6daa8c173e9e@10.10.17.41:46484\r\n
Connection: Keep-Alive\r\nHost: \r\n
Transfer-Encoding: chunked\r\n
\r\n2d\r\n\20\1\32)\n'\n\4root\22\5kafka!\0\0\0\0\200\306CA(\0012\1*:\ndevmesos101\r\n0\r\n\r\n

I have been putting off setting up this environment to get involved in
mesos community, this issue
just gave me a little push that I needed. Anyway, don't worry if this kafka
related stuff does not make
much sense. Since I am already deep into the problem, I might have missed
all the details to provide
complete context.