From: Kasper Sørensen <i.am.kasper.soren...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 4, 2018 5:54 AM
To: dev@metamodel.apache.org
Subject: I'd like to release. You agree? And what should we name the version?

Hi all,

I'd like to release MetaModel rather soon. In the current master branch we have
these two changes ready:

* [METAMODEL-1205] - Updated build and dependencies to be JDK8-11 compatible.
Important updates include Guava, POI, Cassandra, Hadoop.
* [METAMODEL-1206] - Solved Maven version dependent unit test issues in
ElasticSearch-native module.

They're both pretty much internal, except that the dependency updates are going
to be pretty significant for anyone upgrading from version 5.1.0 (or other
recent releases) as their transitive dependencies will likely get upgraded as
well.

So that brings up the quesion about what to name a new release. On one hand
it's almost a non-functional upgrade, so we could go with version name *5.1.1*.
on the other hand it updates the supported and required versions of
dependencies a lot. So I think I personally think it should be version *5.2.0*.
What do you think?

- Kasper