>From my response on the other thread, but applicable to the backend stuff:

"The PCAP Query seems more like PCAP Report to me.  You are generating a
report based on parameters.
That report is something that takes some time and external process to
generate… ie you have to wait for it.

I can almost imagine a flow where you:

* Are in the AlertUI
* Ask to generate a PCAP report based on some selected alerts/meta-alert,
possibly picking from on or more report ‘templates’
that have query options etc
* The report request is ‘queued’, that is dispatched to be be
executed/generated
* You as a user have a ‘queue’ of your report results, and when the report
is done it is queued there
* We ‘monitor’ the report/queue press through the yarn rest ( report
info/meta has the yarn details )
* You can select the report from your queue and view it either in a new UI
or custom component
* You can then apply a different ‘view’ to the report or work with the
report data
* You can print / save etc
* You can associate the report with the alerts ( again in the report info )
with…. a ‘case’ or ‘ticket’ or investigation something or other

We can introduce extensibility into the report templates, report views (
thinks that work with the json data of the report )

Something like that.”

Maybe we can do :

template -> query parameters -> script => yarn info
yarn info + query info + alert context + yarn status => report info ->
stored in a user’s ‘report queue’
report persistence added to report info
metron-rest -> api to monitor the queue, read results ( page ), etc etc