Otto, your use case makes sense to me.  We'll have to think about how to
manage the user to job relationships.  I'm assuming YARN jobs will be
submitted as the metron service user so YARN won't keep track of this for
us.  Is that assumption correct?  Do you have any ideas for doing that?

Mike, I can start a feature branch and experiment with merging metron-api
into metron-rest.  That should allow us to collaborate on any issues or
challenges.   Also, can you expand on your idea to manage external
dependencies as a special module?  That seems like a very attractive option
to me.