Hello everyone,

Currently, we use Protractor to run our UI "end-to-end" tests. However,
there are a handful of major advantages we can gain from switching to
Cypress: https://www.cypress.io/features/.

   - As with most Selenium-based e2e testing frameworks, Protractor suffers
   from test flakiness. This is because Selenium runs outside of the browser
   and executes remote commands across the network. To work around this at the
   moment, we are using protractor-flake to re-run failed tests, but this is
   more of a crutch than a fix. Cypress executes in the same run loop as the
   application it's testing, and as a result does not suffer from the same
   flakiness.
   - As a result of its architecture, Cypress runs much faster than
   Protractor. This is especially critical if e2e tests are added to the CI
   build in the future.
   - Protractor is incredibly hard to debug. In contrast, Cypress comes
   with a plethora of debugging features, some of which you can see in action
   here: https://vimeo.com/242961930#t=264s

Does anyone else have thoughts or opinions on switching to Cypress or
staying with Protractor?

Cheers,
Shane